WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD SDA-83, INC.
APRIL 17, 2018
4916 Pecanland Mall Drive
The Workforce Development Board SDA-83, Inc., Meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M., by Mr. Steve Henderson, Chairperson. Invocation was given by Mr.Steve Henderson.
Members present: Mr.Steve Henderson, Chairperson, Mr. Dan Wallace, Ms.Sandra Billings, Mr.Douglas Curtis, Mrs.Lauren Rogers, Mr.Michael Carroll, Mr.Tim Tettleton, Mr.Ken Green, Mr.John Hopkins, Ms.Rosie Brown, Ms.Jasher Blocker, Mr.Scott Cox, Mrs.Tana Trichel, Ms.Dottie Henry and Mr.Michael Broussard. Absent: Ms.T.Bernette Wright, Ms.Amanda McManus, Mrs.Jerilyn Kelly, Mr.Patrick Savage, Mr.Fred Eubanks, Mr.Gerry Mims, Dr.Vickie Wheelis and Mr.Trevor Barber.
Guests present: Mr.Dennis Epps, LDCC and Mrs.Ellen Hill, LDCC.
Staff present: Mrs.Terri Mitchell, Mrs.Shae Cheatham, Mrs.Mary Pat Polk and Ms.Judy Milton.
Mr. Henderson called on Mrs. Terri Mitchell for the Executive Director’s Report.
Mrs. Mitchell reported on the following items:
1. Minutes – January 23,2018 Workforce Development Board Meeting
A motion to approve the minutes of this meeting was made by Mrs.Tana Trichel and seconded by Mr.Scott Cox. Abstained: None, Opposed: None, All in Favor: All. MOTION PASSED.
2. One Stop Operator Contract Modification – Mrs.Mitchell stated the modification to this contract included LDCC’s request to appoint Mrs. Ellen Hill as the One Stop Operator, to replace Mr.Joe Mansour, and to amend the contract budget by removing the Assistant position and adding the One Stop Operator salary.She stated the contract amount did not change.A motion to approve this contract modification was made by Mr.Tim Tettleton and seconded by Ms.Sandra Billings.Abstained: Mr.Scott Cox abstained because he is employed by LDCC. Opposed: None, All in Favor:All.MOTION PASSED.
3. Approval of JAG MOU – Mrs.Mitchell stated the MOU between WDB83 and LDCC DeltaLinc JAG would create a partnership to provide program elements to co-enrolled youth in attaining a secondary school diploma and transition to postsecondary education and training, including career pathways, and for the purpose of providing workforce development required youth elements for eligible youth. This is a non financial agreement. A motion to approve the MOU was made by Mr.Douglas Curtis and seconded by Mr.Tim Tettleton.Abstained: Mr.Scott Cox abstained because he is employed by LDCC. Opposed: None, All in Favor: All.MOTION PASSED.
4. Approval of Cooperative Endeavor Agreements 2018 – 2020 – Mrs.Mitchell stated that WDB83 was entering into Agreements with the ten parish school boards in our region.The Cooperative Endeavor Agreement will provide cooperation and coordination between WDB83 and the school boards so that WDB83 can engage and provide opportunities and services for former students, who become out of school youth by exiting the school system. After discussion, a motion to approve the Cooperative Endeavor Agreements was made by Mrs.Tana Trichel and seconded by Ms.Rosie Brown.Abstained: None, Opposed: None, All in Favor:All.MOTION PASSED.
5. Policy Approval
a. 100-08-02 Fiscal Policies Amended – Mrs.Mitchell stated the change to this Policy include adding master vendor control to the Fiscal Policies and Procedures.
b. 200-28-03 SOP for Provision of Supportive Services Amended – Mrs.Mitchell stated the change to this Policy increases the overall supportive services cap from $ 2500 to $ 3000 and removing the zonal travel policy and adding .53/per mile not to exceed $ 250.00 per month.
c. 600-03-03 HIP Project for OSY Amended – Mrs.Mitchell stated the change to this Policywill remove the enrollment Incentive payment of $ 40.00 and change the attendance incentive qualifications from being present 80% to 100%. The committee recommended considering at the next quarterly meeting, adding an incentive for an industry based credential.
After discussion, a motion to approve these Policy changes was made by Mr.Tim Tettleton and seconded by Mr.John Hopkins. Abstained: None, Opposed: None, All in Favor: All, MOTION PASSED.
6. Budget/Actual Review Mrs.Mitchell presented the budget and asked for permission to make line item budget adjustments as needed.The board recommendedthat any changes over$10,000 be approved either by the Strategic Planning Committee or the full Board.After discussion, a motion for approval was made by Mr.Tim Tettleton and seconded by Mrs.Tana Trichel.Abstained: None, Opposed: None, All in Favor: All.MOTION PASSED.
Mr.Henderson called on Mrs.Mary Pat Polk for the WIOA Title I Services Update.
Mrs.Mary Pat Polk gave an update on the Parish Business and Career Solutions Center activities.
Mr.Henderson called on Mrs.Shae Cheatham for the PHOCAS Update.
Mrs.Shae Cheatham gave an update on PHOCAS activities.
Mr.Henderson called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. A motion to adjourn was made by Mrs.Tana Trichel and seconded by Mr.Scott Cox. Abstained: None, Opposed: None, All in Favor: All. MOTION PASSED.
The meeting adjourned at 7:00 P.M.
Transcribed by Judy Milton, Planning Assistant
WDB-83 Planning Assistant
Approved at July 17, 2018 Meeting
Chairperson – WDB-83