Shush It For Success
In order to build a strong professional network, you must open up to your colleagues. It is tricky though, because revealing the wrong things can have a negative impact on your career.
Sharing the right facets of yourself in the right avenues is an art form. Sometimes information that feels like a relationship builder in the moment can wind up as big no-nos. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Be sure to catch yourself before you cross that line. Once you share something, there is no going back.
The following list is comprised of the 12 most common things people reveal that send their careers careening in the wrong direction.
1. That They Hate Their Job
2. That They Think Someone Is Incompetent
3. How Much Money They Make
4. Their Political and Religious Beliefs
5. What They Do on Facebook
6. What They Do in the Bedroom
7. What They Think Someone Else Does in the Bedroom
8. That They’re After Somebody Else’s Job
9. How Wild They Used To Be in College
10. How Intoxicated They Like to Get
11. An Offensive Joke
12. That They Are Job Hunting